[Mailman-Developers] Password recovery

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 08:04:56 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 21:32, Roberto Perez wrote:
> - I strongly believe now email commands should also include a password
> reminder/recovery feature, so that in cases like ours users can still get
> their passwords and unsubscribe via email. Currently a password can only be
> recovered via the web interface (which a spammer can disable).

This is desirable, but not for the reasons you mention.
If the spammer is using Mailman (and I agree with Jeff that this is both
unlikely and that Mailman is just not suited for a spamming role), then
its very likely that none of the standard mailman addresses (ie
list-request etc) actually go into Mailman - why would he want to make
Mailman do more work without benefiting him?   Since you say its not
parsing bounces, its likely all those aliases go straight to /dev/null.

	Nigel.

--
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk>