[Mailman-Developers] Just a thought about documentation

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Mon Feb 3 09:36:50 EST 2003

I'm glad you like the idea Barry. No - I don't have any contacts. But
someone else might have contacts.

My idea in creating documentation is that the student or perhaps a small
group of student would work with developers who would make sure that the
new information was accurate. Also - as part of the project the sudents
would find end users - maybe a Linux users group and give them the docs
and software and watch them learn and configure Mailman from the
documentation and record their voice comments so as to learn what is
confusing about the documentation.

After completing the course - the fact that they did this software
documentation project becomes part of their job resume and might create
an ongoing relationship between the student and the developers. And free
software would greatly benefit.