[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.1 ETA?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Feb 3 12:49:04 EST 2003

    >> Unfortunately no.  Due to recent changes in my work situation,
    >> I'm only able to work on Mailman in my spare time these days.

    BF> Ah, that sucks.

Only if you don't have an adversarial relationship with your pillow:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-August/058073.html

    >> I find it's nearly impossible just to keep up on the lists.

    BF> Yeah, release of 2.1 has generated a lot of traffic,
    BF> especially on the -users list. But people seem to be stepping
    BF> up to answer questions instead of waiting for you, which is
    BF> great (except if they're giving wrong answers ;).

So far, I think the quality of answers has been excellent -- and most
appreciated!

    >> But I am working hard on trying to get the most critical fixes
    >> into cvs so I can spin a 2.1.1 release as soon as possible.

    BF> Okie. My time is also somewhat limited, what with my first
    BF> child having arrived two months early on Jan 26th, but if I
    BF> can help with the process somehow let me know.

Hey, congratulations!

What would help a lot is scanning mailman-users and mailman-developers
and making sure than any real bugs reported are in the SF trackers.
Also that bugs and patches are assigned to the proper group, and that
some triage is done on them to assign priorities.  I'd like to get to
the point where anything over priority 7 has to get fixed in 2.1.1,
and then just attack them one by one.

Any help you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.  The more
I can focus on the really critical stuff, the quicker I can get 2.1.1
out.