[Mailman-Developers] Subject's being mangled (I'm extendeding the length of this subject to see how it wraps)

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Sun Feb 9 11:38:03 EST 2003

At 11:32 AM 2/9/2003, Robby Griffin wrote:
>>Didn't help ... it seems to have something to do with the length of the
>>subject line.  A long subject gets wrapped around to the next line of the
>>message.
>Hmm. Yes, it does. Perhaps you should have a look at RFC2822, section
>2.2.3, and then try to identify a specific problem with subject wrapping.

I have no problem with the subject getting wrapped ... however I do have a
problem with the WAY the subject is getting wrapped.

In the examples I posted, the messages entire subject was getting wrapped
to another line ... it was not getting wrapped when the text exceeded a
specific length.  This has the affect of making most mail client software
(that I'm using, Eudora and Squirrelmail) showing a blank subject or just
the subject prefix.

david