[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.0.6

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Mon Feb 10 23:15:01 EST 2003

* Michael Zieger (m.zieger at zmi.at) wrote:
> just a short question to Mailman 2.0.6 (rpm from SuSE7.3):

As good as RPM's are, and how they make life a lot easier on a lot of
software, mailman is a peice of software that works better installed from
source.  There's too much system dependent information that mailman relies
on (mail gid & gid for cgi's to run for example).

> I installed everything and created a list. After adding members, I sent
> an e-mail via kmail to the list. But the arriving e-mail does not
> contain any "list-id" headers. According to documentation, it should be
> there, but no, it's not. Do you know what could be the problem?

I can't answer this, I don't have a mailman 2.0.6 installation, but my guess
in the version number lies the problem.

> BTW, looks like a great piece of software. I try with just one list now
> and if it's good, I'll implement it for my customers.

I'd suggest implementing mailman 2.1.1 for your customers.  It's a LOT
nicer, a lot slicker, a lot cleaner, a lot more customizable, a lot more
everything than <2.1.

Good luck!  And come back with any other questions, sorry I couldn't answer
your list-id question, but since your this early in your experience, i'd be
smarter to jump in with mailman 2.1.1 instead of 2.0.6.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Use your MasterCard to pay your Visa bill.