[Mailman-Developers] Message Encoding traceback fault 2.1.x

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 18 21:31:10 EST 2003

Hi,

>>    prefix_subject(mlist, msg, msgdata)
>>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py", line 262, in
>>prefix_subject
>>    h.append(s, c)
>>  File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 243, in append
>>    s = s.encode(outcodec)
>>LookupError: unknown encoding

Looks like the subject charset was unknown to python.
What version are you using ? There was someone reporting on
windows charset.

> I added mailman/bin/unshunt at cronjob every minute to push the messages.
> I hope someone will respond to this and hopefully comes with a bugfix

I think it is not a good idea because unshunted messages may come back
again to shunt directory. You should fix the bug before unshunt (or
somehow edit the message... I don't know how).

--
Tokio