[Mailman-Developers] Documentation for 2.1

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Thu Feb 20 14:58:10 EST 2003

I've spent the past few days fighting with outdated Zope documentation and I
got to thinking... has Mailman got updated docs for 2.1, or are people
learning Mailman for the first time now suffering from the same "but that
option doesn't exist in this version!" problems I'm having with Zope docs?

A quick look at list.org only turned up 2.0 documentation last updated a few
years ago, although at least the FAQ looks more recent. Are newer docs in
the works, or are we waiting for volunteers?  Because if it's the latter,
I've got some time right now that's not being spent fighting with Zope, and
I don't mind volunteering to write some up-to-date stuff for 2.1.

I'm more of a coder than a writer, normally, but I've been doing a fair bit
of writing lately and I've had to explain Mailman stuff to my list admins
and users enough times that I should be good at this by now. :) I'd really
hate for anyone to get the sort of negative impression of Mailman that I've
gotten of Zope thanks to the documentation.

So if none of this is already happening... where would be best to start?
I'd guess the user guide would be the first step, since I know as an admin
I'd like to be able to point my users at a guide. :)

 Terri

PS - If anyone wants to point me to more up-to-date Zope docs, I'd be much
obliged. :)