[Mailman-Developers] 2.1 bug?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jan 1 20:38:15 EST 2003

    CVR> I'm still running rc1, but..

    CVR> Got this traceback in my mailbox this morning from the
    CVR> mailpasswd message. Does this also imply anyone beyond this
    CVR> didn't get a password mailed?

I'm sure it does.

    CVR> Any chance of finding out what address caused this?

I think this is caused by a weird language being used, one that
has a charset for which we don't know the encoding.  Do you have any
non-English lists?

If you decide to instrument mailpasswds to figure this out <wink>, I'd
be interested to know what `poplang' is before the call to
Message.UserNotification(), say just before line 197.

Add something like:

    syslog('debug', 'poplang: %s', poplang)

and tail the logs/debug file as you run cron/mailpasswds manually.