[Mailman-Developers] more on that password crash.

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 2 01:05:31 EST 2003

    CVR> I think I found it. Turns out a couple of things weren't
    CVR> compiling right on MacOS X (the japanese and chinese language
    CVR> additions). that turns out to be a minor bug in how MacOS X
    CVR> ships a python config file.

    CVR> More details here:

    CVR> <http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/000150.html#000150>

    CVR> (maybe this should get faqqed?)

I posted a follow up in the forum linked off your blog.  It looks liek
a from-source build of Python 2.2.2 doesn't have this problem, so it's
only Apple's Python distro that seems to be affected.  I've no idea
how that gets built, so the best I can guess is that it's an Apple
goof-up.

(Aside: Chuq, how can we better help Apple with their Python stuff?)

Please do add a FAQwiz entry, and if you can write something up for
README.MACOSX that'd be awesome.  Actually, that file's a little lean
anyway, so any info you'd like to add, please just send it my way. :)