[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-563336 ] Unexpected MMBadUserError with MM-2.0.11

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 3 06:56:44 EST 2003

Bugs item #563336, was opened at 2002-06-01 16:48
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=563336&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
Just upgraded to Mailman 2.0.11. The upgrade itself
worked fine, and basic tests after the upgrade seem to
have worked okay, and mail has been getting delivered.

However I got an email (as administrator) about an
unexpected Mailman error. I have yet to get a complaint
from our users so I do not know exactly what caused the
problem. All I can deduce from the logs is that at
around the same time, someone was
subscribing/unsubscribing via email.

The error message I got by email was:

-----[ START ]-----
An unexpected Mailman error has occurred in
MailCommandHandler.ParseMailCommands().  Here is the
traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailCommandHandler.py", line
223, in ParseMailCommands
    self.__dispatch[cmd](args, line, msg)
  File
"/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailCommandHandler.py", line
364, in ProcessSetCmd
    self.ConfirmUserPassword(sender, args[2])
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py",
line 144, in ConfirmUserPassword
    raise Errors.MMBadUserError
MMBadUserError
-----[ END ]-----

Some more miscellaneous information:

- system is Debian GNU/Linux
- mailman package is mailman-2.0.11-1
- python package is python-2.1.3-3

If anyone has tips as to where to dig for more
information on the cause of this unexpected error,
please do let me know and I will be more than happy to
supply the missing details. It would also help calm my
nerves if I knew whether this was fatal or not. :)

Comment By: Uche Ogbuji (uche)