[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Patches-573505 ] usenet threading improvements

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 15 21:11:00 EST 2003

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=573505&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: Mailman 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
Basically message-id munging for all messages.

Might be
better as an option?  This helps with threading in usenet gating, as
what happens is this:

someone sends a mail with message-
id foo at bar.com
gating replaces the message-id with
mailman.123.456.list at list.com
list member replies via mail,
"in-reply-to" header is set to the foo at bar.com
now when the
message is gated it can't thread because in-reply-to: (which is
translated into references:) is wrong.

Solution is to munge
all message-ids.  Doesn't really do any harm AFAICT.

Comment By: Nicolas Marchildon (elecnix)