[Mailman-Developers] Sourceforge notifications considered harmful

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 16 00:12:07 EST 2003

    TN> It completely sucks, and has completely sucked ever since the
    TN> decision was made a few months ago, that Mailman-Developers
    TN> gets Cc'd on every Sourceforge update.  I'm sure Barry (or
    TN> whoever) felt they were doing a service, but it has
    TN> practically killed discussion here

That's definitely the /last/ thing I wanted to do!  I think it's worse
now because 2.1 is out, people are finding it, playing with it, and
are submitting bugs and patches against it.

Here's a proposal:

a. I create a mailman-coders at python.org list

b. Send SF tracker messages to this list instead of mailman-developers

c. Possibly (and I think optimally), retire mailman-checkins and send
   the cvs diffs to mailman-coders as well.  Personally, I don't see
   the need for two different lists, but -checkins is more than this
   list would do.

So vote by the -1/0/+1 rules against these options:

1. Do nothing, everything's fine just the way it is
2. Do a + b
3. Do a + b + c