[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Spambayes] spambayes fronting a mailing list?

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jan 21 10:18:42 EST 2003

Quoth barry at python.org (Barry A. Warsaw):
| False positives get caught on the admindb screen, so you approve and
| train them in one action.  Although I never saw any false negatives, I
| think the way to handle these will be to add a -spam address that
| people can send messages to.  If the list admin sends it then it gets
| spam trained.  If not, the list admin will have a chance to decide
| whether to spam train it or not.

I thought of that, but had some doubts.  I'd strike the ``if the list
admin sends it'' part, but maybe other sites are OK with admin passwords
or whatever it takes to make that work.  But mainly I'm not sure I see
how an average admin is going to re-send something and make it look like
the original - I'd hate to accidentally train a spam filter to reject
all mail from the admin!

	donn at u.washington.edu