[Mailman-Developers] How hard would it be...

Roger Lynn Roger at compsoc.man.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 01:35:49 EDT 2003

On Wed 25 Jun 2003 at 23:21, Marty Galyean wrote:
 > To put a button next to each message in the archives (labeled 'get'?)
 > that when clicked causes MM to send that message to the logged in
 > archive user as an email just as if it had been sent to them in
 > non-digest mode?
 >
 > This would be a good way for people who have 'no-mail' or 'digest' set
 > to reply occasionally to specific posts.  And also to reply to a message
 > the user has already deleted locally.

It would be really nice if this could also somehow work to enable
non-subscribers browsing the archives to reply to specific posts (as I am
doing now). I've no idea how this could be done though.

The mailto: link in the archived messages includes a message-id, which I
assume is to enable threading to work properly when that message is replied
to. Unfortunately it contains the message-id of the previous message, ie the
one the message being read is in reply to, so this can't work. It appears to
be intended to be used as the In-Reply-To header for the new message, which
would be incorrect, unless I have misunderstood the reason for it being
there (which is quite likely).

Roger