[Mailman-Developers] Storing additional user data

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 10 16:04:06 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 02:48 PM, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> 4) write a script that processes ~mailman/logs/bounce once a day and
> feeds bounce data back to the subscription management program.

That might be the key point - if the information he needs is in
logs/bounce,
then something can read that and do the MySQL flags as required.  If
that
also means the web pages have to be disabled, subscriber lists reloaded,
etc. -- that would also have to be done when using the proposed external
interface program, true?  I may have missed something, this thread took
kind of an odd turn a couple of messages back and I'm not sure where I
am.
In any case, logging seems like a fine way to satisfy external
interface needs
when they're asynchronous.  When they're synchronous, you have bigger
problems anyway.

	donn at u.washington.edu