[Mailman-Developers] running find_member as another user / CGI

moron moron at industrial.org
Sat Jul 12 15:33:23 EDT 2003

Howdy.  I am currently trying to integrate a separate CGI system with
Mailman and part of my goal is to be able to show what Mailman lists a
user is subscribed to.  "find_member" would be perfect except that it
will only function properly when run as root or mailman (adding the
sticky bit does not seem to help, at least under FreeBSD).  The script
fails when trying to read in the pickled list details due to
permissions issues (obviously it is running without the needed group
permissions) and I have as of yet not been able to make it run as
needed.  I am trying to avoid having to dump the entire address
database to parse separately as a workaround.

I thought that the CGI wrapper might be the solution but not being a C
guru I am a bit confused what the wrapper actually does (I am not
clear where the scriptname value is being looked for since it is not
looking for them in "/bin").

So basically, I am looking for suggestions on how to either make
"find_member" a bit more lenient on who can run it or how to invoke an
equivalent to find_member via the CGI wrapper.

Thanks for any suggestions (besides those on flying kites and learning
about where the sun shines).

=)

--
||.   __,,_____________    codeGRUNT : <slave at codegrunt.com>       .||