[Mailman-Developers] Fw: About unadvertised lists

Chris Boulter chris at jellybaby.net
Wed Jul 30 19:32:09 EDT 2003

On Wed 2003-07-30 14:11:21 -0300, Marco Antonio Reis Henriques wrote:
> I sent this to the mailman-users mailing list, and didn't get a
> useful answer.  Is there someone on this list who may be more
> familiar with this issue?
>
> > Folks, how do I create an unadvertised list (a list that don't appear in
> > the list info page) ?

>From the Mailman web interface, go to the admin page for your list. Click
'Privacy options'. The first item on the list is 'Advertise this list when
people ask what lists are on this machine?' and you can just set this to
'No'. Easy!

If you're configuring Mailman from the command line, you could use
bin/config_list and set the 'advertised' property to 0. If you want this to
apply to all your lists by default, you could set the option for your whole
site by editing Mailman's mm_cfg.py.

Hope this helps.

--
Write friendlier email : http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/mail/edit.html