[Mailman-Developers] TMDA fronted Mailman v2.1 lists

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jun 24 13:44:27 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 08:34, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> That might be a simple matter of putting $prefix on your PYTHONPATH when
> you start up TMDA.  It needs to find the Mailman.Bouncer module to get
> the _BounceInfo class.

Just in case that didn't make sense (c'mon coffee! go for the brain!):

Python's pickler encodes the class of the object in the pickle by named
reference, so _BounceInfo objects get their class encoded as
Mailman.Bouncer._BounceInfo.  So when the unpickler pulls the object's
state out of the pickle and tries to instantiate one of these objects,
it needs to be able to import the class.

I'm guess what's happening is that TMDA can't find the
Mailman.Bouncer._BounceInfo class.  The easy fix would be to put
/usr/local/mailman (or whatever your Mailman $prefix is) on your TMDA
Python executable's sys.path.  E.g. $PYTHONPATH.