[Mailman-Developers] Virtual domains

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Mon Mar 17 12:30:56 EST 2003

Someone who runs mailman lists on a virtual domain through cpanel has
asked that I help him get eVote running on his lists.  His host is
trying to help too.

But cpanel is proprietary and seems to set up the lists automatically
by appending the aliases to the valiases file for the virtual domain.

If the list is: test at my.net, the alias posts to test_my.net.  But
mailman seems to know, in some circumstances, like in list_lists, that
the real name of the list is "test".

Can anyone please give me a clue about how this is handled?  Does
anyone know anything about cpanel?

Any clues at all will be greatly appreciated.  I'm just banging my
head against it and getting no where.

Thanks.

Marilyn Davis