[Mailman-Developers] unsubscribe.py

Paul Boehm paul at quintessenz.org
Fri Mar 14 21:35:40 EST 2003

Hi,

Our NGO has lots of administrative overhead, because users manage
to subscribe to our mailinglists, but find the unsubscribe procedure a
lot harder (log in with password, go to options, unsubscribe) than bugging us.

Because of this, we've added a drop-in unsubscribe CGI to our mailman
install, which allows unsubscribe to work in a manner similiar to
subscribing.

Security-wise this should have no adverse implications,
as challenge base unsubscription already is available via email,
in stock mailman.

To allow for i18n support, we'd really like to have our additional
cgi accepted into the main tree.

  paul

PS: Please CC me in replies, as i'm currently not subscribed to this
list.