[Mailman-Developers] Confirm address change always returns error

Stonewall Ballard sb.list at sb.org
Sat Mar 29 14:49:33 EST 2003

In 2.1.1+ (confirmed with a fresh CVS build today), when a user replies to a
confirmation message sent by Mailman in response to an email address change
(on the web page), Mailman changes the address, but replies with an error
(below). This confuses users.

The subscribe log has entries for the new address as "pending", then as
"new", with no errors or apparent problems.

It seems odd to me that this hasn't been reported as a bug, since it appears
to have been around for several months, at least. Or is there something
broken in my Mailman installation? I'm on OS X Server 10.2.4.

BTW, note the typo "you are not current a member".

TIA for any help.

 - Stoney

http://lists.sudburysavoyards.org/mailman/confirm/savannounce/df640af0ac9e917>>

--