[Mailman-Developers] semantic error in mailmanctl line 255 (Mailman 2.1.2)

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Wed May 14 13:15:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

this was originally: Mandrake 9.1 / ImportError

As a result of a suggestion from
Luca Olivetti (Mandrake list member)
I think now that you are maybe wrong with that line
255 in maimanctl.

The original line is
>     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, 'qrunner', exe, rswitch, '-s')

But this is a semantic error we think.
The first parameter is arg0 no arg1, so you should be
using something like

os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, '' , exe, rswitch, '-s')

Here is the diff for a patch:
255c255
<     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, '' , exe, rswitch, '-s')
---
>     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, 'qrunner', exe, rswitch, '-s')

This bug breaks several python installations.
It don't work for my Mandrake system for example.

It is possible to correct this in future releases?
What do you think?

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de>