[Mailman-Developers] semantic error in mailmanctl line 255(Mailman 2.1.2)

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Thu May 15 09:42:04 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, May 15, 2003 10:29 AM +0200 Oliver Egginger
<Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de> wrote:

>> From my understanding the first argument (argv[0]) of a program, which
> gets called by os.execl, should always yield the name of this programm.
> For example:

ARGV[0] can be absolutely any null terminated string your heart desires.
Many pieces of software do "interesting" things based on what ARGV[0] is
set to (such as shells, which are "login" shells if ARGV[0][0] is '-').

Anything that assumes ARGV[0] actually exists in the filesystem is deluded.

--
Carson