[Mailman-Developers] Using the correct host

Ernest Christley echristley at nc.rr.com
Fri May 30 22:22:30 EDT 2003

I've been trying to set up a list behind my firewall on the local
network.  The machine hosting mailman uses 192.168.0.2 as a static IP,
but the world sees me as ernest.isa-geek.org, the DNS entry I got
through dyndns.org.

If you try to subscribe to the list I created, the subscribe button
sends the request to 192.168.0.2 instead of ernest.isa-geek.org.  While
that works fine from here, people out there aren't having any luck.

How do I make the subscribe button use the dns name vs the IP?

You can see what I'm talking about by going here and trying to subscribe
to the list:

I just noticed that the listinfo page says that there "currently are no
publicly-advertised Mailman mailing lists on www.ernest.isa-geek.org".
How do I make the list publicly-advertised?
--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/