[Mailman-Developers] More on Mysql MemberAdaptor?

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at ore.org
Fri Nov 7 08:11:40 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:31:51 +0800
"Yuan, Cain" <cain.yuan at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Kev,
> 	I had a look at the patch and have some questions here:  why you
> 	establish a connection to MySQL and then close it in each
> 	function?  AFAIK this will put much presure on MySQL if there
> 	are some people to subscribe/unscribe from the list.   Why not
> 	just establish a ststic link to MySQL and then use it every time
> 	you need to access the DB?
>
> Cain

Gah!

Just running a very big test of this thing, and it seems you're *very*
right. By the looks of it, Mailman loads in all of the delivery_status
and digest information before it even sends the first mail.

Given that, the performance penalty of all those connect/cursor/etc.
calls is horrendous, and I need to rethink a little.

On the good side, though, I *think* I've got the get/setBounceInfo
functions working now, but I've had to import the _BounceInfo class in
order to create the appropriate object instance to make it work. Don't
know if that's going to be a problem...

Current Versionisms:

MysqlMemberships.py: 1.24
MysqlMemberships.py.README: 1.15
MysqlMemberships.py.TODO: 1.6

Pondering whether to send a message to mailman-users about this thing,
or not. I don't like the prospect of my server getting slashdotted
though :(

K.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian. E: kyrian&#64;ore.org WWW: http://kyrian.ore.org/