[Mailman-Developers] Strange behaviour

Mikhail Sobolev mss at mawhrin.net
Mon Oct 6 15:48:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:50:23PM +0200, Simone Piunno wrote:

> > Barry, probably, it's a bug in Utils.py/wrap function?  Or it is an
> > expected behaviour?
>
> Actually reflowing the text is expected behaviour (e.g. a feature instead of a
> bug) but there should be a space.  Also, not reflowing rows beginning with
> one or more spaces is another expected behaviour (so that it's easy to mark
> preformatted text).
That's what I gathered while reading the source for wrap function.

> In my experience as a translator, missing spaces always happened because I
> forgot that space while translating or because even the original english text
> had the problem.  So, if you can see the problem only happens in russian, I'd
> start searching for that string in the relevant .po file and verifying
> everything is ok.
It's not in a .po file.  It's templates/ru/subscribeack.txt file (and
probably others).

As for the missing spaces, as I said while reformatting the newline was
not replaced with a space, while this seems to be expected.

--
Misha (who seeks some forces to understand how wrap function works)