[Mailman-Developers] Strange behaviour

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Oct 7 17:23:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:48, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:

> > In my experience as a translator, missing spaces always happened because I
> > forgot that space while translating or because even the original english text
> > had the problem.  So, if you can see the problem only happens in russian, I'd
> > start searching for that string in the relevant .po file and verifying
> > everything is ok.
> It's not in a .po file.  It's templates/ru/subscribeack.txt file (and
> probably others).
>
> As for the missing spaces, as I said while reformatting the newline was
> not replaced with a space, while this seems to be expected.

As Simone says, I think what you're seeing is expected behavior from
wrap().  And newlines are supposed to be replaced by spaces, as in:

Python 2.3.2 (#1, Oct  3 2003, 08:18:26)
[GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)] on linux2
>>> from Mailman.Utils import wrap
>>> wrap("""This is some leading text
... that will get wrapped
... and reflowed.
... """)
'This is some leading text that will get wrapped and reflowed.\n'