[Mailman-Developers] Manually marking something as bouncing?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Oct 10 14:35:22 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 12:46, Terri Oda wrote:
> I know, I should probably be able to find this, but for some reason it's
> eluding me...
>
> Is there some way in which people can manually be marked as bouncing so that
> the "are you there?" notices still go out?  We get a fair number of uncaught
> bounces and it'd be handy to be able to do that rather than no-mailing the
> person.

You can't really do this through the web, but it wouldn't be hard to
hack a bin/withlist script to do it.  Add this to the 2.2 wiki and I'll
think about it.

> Alternatively, how hard is it to add new bounce forms to mailman?  This
> probably won't help most of my admins, since I'm one of very few with the
> access to the box that I suspect is necessary, but at least I could add in
> the ones that we see more frequently.

It's not that hard, but to be honest, I'm pretty unmotivated to add new
bounce detectors, since verp is so sweet.  I know, lots of folks have
sent me uncaught bounce formats and such, and I really should add
detectors for them.  (Bad project leader, bad!)

If you do hack some new ones out, upload them as patches to SF.  I'll do
a sweep of that stuff for 2.2.