[Mailman-Developers] question about passwords.

Mike Lucas mlucas at rice.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:18:04 EDT 2003

If I make a bunch of lists using the newlist script with the -q option
to not notify the owner.  Is there a way to after the fact send the
password to the owner?  The reason i am asking is we are migrating from
Lsoft to mailman and are moving all our lists over to mailman. In the
process we would like to add the lists and then use the config_list
script to add all the settings of each list over with all the
owners/moderators.  After we have it all moved over to the new system we
then want to have an email sent to all the owners/moderators that tells
them thier password for administrating thier list.

The thing is that the newlist script makes the list with 1 owner. Then
we use the Config_list to add all the other owners and moderators. I do
not think that when i use the config_list script it will send an email
to all the owners/moderators with a password to use.

Is there a way to do this i am not seeing?  any info would be great.

Thanks,

Mike