[Mailman-Developers] mailman and SSL.

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Fri Oct 10 15:27:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:21:53PM -0500, Mike Lucas wrote:
> has anyone made Mailman's web interface use SSL?
>
> Any info about how you did it would be great.

I have:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'https://%(hostname)s/archive/%(listname)s'

in mm_cfg.py, and

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /local/mailman/mailman/cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/local/mailman/mailman/cgi-bin/>
        Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    Alias /archive/ /local/mailman/mailman/archives/public/

in ssl.conf for Apache 2, using the FreeBSD port, mailman installed to
/local/mailman/mailman. I forgot if I had to configure more, but I think
not.

HTH,

--Stijn

--
There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of
the most popular are 'Why are people born?', 'Why do they die?', and