[Mailman-Developers] spam filtering.

PieterB PieterB at gewis.nl
Wed Oct 15 18:09:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 10:27:15AM -0500, Mike Lucas wrote:
> We have spam tagging on our mail that puts a tag in in
> the subject line of ****spam**** and we want to have mailman see that
> tag and delete the message instead of holding it for moderation. Am I
> missing a setting?  Is this possible?  Or do we have to hack the source
> code?

Read http://www.daa.com.au/~james/articles/mailman-spamassassin/
and/or http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.023.htp

I use a somewhat other approach. I forward all mail to a seperate
user id, and then use procmail and spamassassin to filter out spam
mail.  The procmail script forwards non-spam to mailman. I use James
H. spam integration for messages which might be spam and should be
moderated by hand.

I plan to make and updated version of James Henstridge's spam
integration:

a) use mailheaders instead of piping the message to spamassassin
to SpamAssassin.py

b) make 'discard' the default option for messages tagged as 'probably
spam'.

Regards,

Pieter

--
There are no winners in life:  Only survivors.