[Mailman-Developers] Archiver

Iain Bapty i.bapty at student.umist.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 04:06:34 EST 2003

Hi,

As you will probably know by my few posts. I had been intending on
producing an archiver for my project. Unfortunately, yesterday I learned
about a project (SMART Archiver) that pretty much does everything I was
intending to do, which makes me pretty redundant.

I'm quite desperate, Barry suggested that I ask here if anyone can
suggest any other work I could do for my project?

My project has to be a substantial piece of individual work that
actually produces some kind of software artifact. It should be produced
independently, I shouldn't be reliant on anyone else in order to
complete the project. It also has to be challenging, in order to get
good marks I have to solve problems, it cannot just be something like
bug fixing an existing program. I am meant to spend 200 hours on my
project, including report writing and presentation writing.

Thanks for any advice.

Iain