[Mailman-Developers] Requirements for a new archiver

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 29 23:18:13 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 16:14, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	One key factor here is that all of the information in the
> database should be able to be re-created from the message bodies
> alone, if there should happen to be a catastrophic system crash.

Just to be dense, let me ask for clarification: by "message body" you
mean the entire original message, as received on the wire, not just the
message payload (i.e. sans RFC 2822 headers).  If so, I agree
completely.

But I also think the decoded message should be stored on the file system
somehow as well.  I.e. decode attachments and store then as separate
files too.