[Mailman-Developers] How to remove X-Confirm-Reading requests from mail headers distributed by Mailman?

Andrzej Kasperowicz andyk at spunge.org
Sun Apr 4 08:41:52 EDT 2004

> 	As I told you in private e-mail, I'm not interested in whatever
> he might have to say.  I've been in this business long enough to know
> what the capabilities are of the various types of programs, and
> there's nothing he could possibly say that could change my mind.

But there is a lot what you could say to change his mind...

> 	We can take input from many sources, when it comes to ideas to
> incorporate into Mailman.  I'm sure that Barry would be happy to
> accept any useful input you may have.  However, keep in mind that
> Barry can always decide not to implement a particular recommended
> feature, and even those features that he does decide to implement
> will have to be prioritized.

I know, but I shouldn't be condemned for recommending such features. And
it seems that I was just for daring to compare it to ecarits.

> 	But asking someone to re-create a commercial product and then
> give that away for free, well that's quite a different matter.

I don't understand the above. From what the freelists say on the page:
http://www.freelists.org/about.html
"FreeLists runs a completely free service on completely Free software.
The Linux operating system, the Apache webserver, and the Ecartis mailing
manager are responsible for bringing FreeLists to you daily. Mhonarc and
ht://dig work in conjunction to bring you the web-based archives. All of
this software is Free software and we italicize that word over and over
again to emphasize its importance. See the Free Software Foundation's
website for more information."
it seems that all the software they use is free.

ak