[Mailman-Developers] Truncated digest with MIME

Mike Holderness mch at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 10:52:00 EDT 2004

I have a problem. We have, I think, a problem.

1) Message is sent with a line exactly 76 characters
long, ending with ".". User (a computerphobe) still has
pretty email turned on, so something en route wraps the
line at column 75, leaving a "." by itself on the
next line.

2) For another digest user - who is reading email
as plain text that means "here endeth the message".
Rest of digest not visible. Potential for fouling
up their email client when they reindex.

I've asked all members of the list to switch to plain
text emails. But it ain't gonna happen :(

Can something be done to make mailman transparent
to this?

I can find one message about this in the archive, but
no response: