[Mailman-Developers] Min requirements for running Mailman?

Adam Boettiger adam.boettiger at pobox.com
Tue Aug 31 16:30:26 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:
>     BTW, I'd like to thank you for your good questions.  This will make
> excellent fodder for the FAQ, and I'm surprised that it wasn't already
> there.

Brad - No worries.  Happy to be the guinea pig. ;)

Here's something else you may want to add as I'm sure I'm not the
only one in this situation...

I was looking for something that would allow me to run Mailman
and learn as I go about the install process and tweaking it. I
didn't want to pay the $99 to $250 for a dedicated box (overkill
for what I want to do with it).

What I found was Linode http://www.linode.com/, where they offer
VPS accounts that you can configure from scratch with one or more
boots of five flavors of Linux.  Well documented forums.  Email
form support that is responsive. Root access and the ability to
make all the mistakes I want to for (and this is the best part)
the starting price of $19.95 per month...

It's like being able to ride a cheap bike with training wheels to
learn before moving to a dedicated box (if that is even needed
for small work).

In any case, a great thing to add to the FAQ I think as many I
imagine are learning and it's better to learn cheaply than to
have to invest a ton of money.

HTH

AB