[Mailman-Developers] config.pck password encryption inconsistencies

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Dec 9 16:17:35 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 09:43, Dave Dewey wrote:

> Gotcha.  I believe that's where I was drawing my erroneous conclusions from.
> I only have information about my own passwords, and they are clearly
> encrypted since I know what the values are.  My own accounts are ALSO all
> either owners or moderators, so that explains it perfectly.

Just for clarification (because my explanation was perhaps imprecise):
Moderator and owner passwords are kept in separate keys in the
config.pck dictionary, so even if you are both a member and an owner of
a list, your member password will be cleartext but the (shared) owner
password will be hashed (same goes for the moderator password).