[Mailman-Developers] Arch docs?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Dec 22 08:52:13 CET 2004

    Alan> What I would like is a pointer to some sort of architectural
    Alan> overview, so *I* can root around my system myself, with a
    Alan> better idea of where I'm headed than tracing the code line
    Alan> by line.

I haven't looked at the web code, but when I went in and did some
surgery a couple months ago, I found the architecture of the
mail-handling code is pretty well reflected in the directory
structure.  Also, looking at the backtraces in error messages is quite
informative about structure, although it only tells you about the one
path to the leaf.  So I found it fairly easy to find the stuff of
interest.

You might also want to look at some of the notes for Mailman3 in the
Mailman3 tree, and compare its source tree structure to Mailman2.