[Mailman-Developers] A bit of perspective ....

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Feb 2 22:45:46 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 00:35, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> I've got a bit of MySQL background. My time is still limited, so I
> won't commit to coding I can't depend on myself to finish -- but if you
> want someone to help out on DB design and stuff, I'm in. I'll do what I
> can and maybe help avoid some of the potholes. I'd like to see this,
> too.

I think the most critical thing for Mailman 3 will be designing the
interfaces between the delivery pipelines and the persistent storages.
I won't get into a lot of detail in this thread, but it's getting very
close to the time to start talking about the designs I've been working
on.

Email isn't always the best way to discuss these things, which is why
I'm really hoping we can get some people in a room, with a white board,
and hash a bunch of things out.  I'd like you all to come of course, but
I understand that it likely won't be possible.  Don't worry, stuff won't
be set in stone until they're discussed here, but if you can get away
for a couple of days, it would be awesome.