[Mailman-Developers] Well-formed and valid HTML

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Feb 3 14:50:45 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 09:50, Stefan Michalowski wrote:

> I'm guessing that the 3.0 release will need a rewrite of the
> translations anyway, but what is the status of this release? Is it worth
> working on the 2.1.x templates or will the 2.1.x be obsolete very soon.

Personally, I don't think it's worth working on the 2.1 HTML.  I don't
think 3.0 will be out any time soon, although I would love to see some
alphas and perhaps a beta by the end of this year.

> I also noticed that there is a 2.2 release in the works. When will this
> release be ready? Would it be better to rewrite the templates for that
> release?

While I haven't completely written off a 2.2, given the current level of
resources I have to throw at things, 2.2 isn't a reality.  I'm trying to
concentrate on solidifying 2.1 and getting 3.0 to a reasonable state.

I'm very seriously considering using ZPT as the out-of-the-box
templating language for MM3.  It supports i18n which is a huge plus.  In
that case, I will definitely want help in making MM3's HTML not only
standards conformant, but nice and pretty too.  CSS will be acceptable,
and my natural resistance to JavaScript is decaying (/if/ MM3's
interface can be made to degrade gracefully when JS is turned off).