[Mailman-Developers] Admins not getting admin messages

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 16:40:02 EST 2004

    Barry> In the General admin page, check the value for
    Barry> admin_immed_notify.

    >> That's already set to Yes... :-/

    Barry> Hmm.

My sentiments exactly.

I'm not at all familiar with the Mailman source code, but it appears that
the decision to send out an admin message is made in Mailman.Handlers.Hold.
hold_for_approval().  That code suggests that the MessageHeld exception is
always raised, even if mlist.admin_immed_notify is 1.  Am I missing
something?

It appears I'm looking at 2.1.0 sources:

    MAJOR_REV = 2
    MINOR_REV = 1
    MICRO_REV = 0

(I thought I was running 2.1.2, but apparently not.)

Maybe I just need to upgrade.  Let me try this first before you spend
anymore time thinking about it.

Skip