[Mailman-Developers] bin/newlist -o option

Robby Griffin rmg at terc.edu
Tue Feb 10 16:01:28 EST 2004

On Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004, at 15:25 US/Eastern, bl at nk-robert.de wrote:

> I am setting up Mailman 2.1.4-1 on Debian/GNU with postfix-mysql
> 2.0.16-4.
> I was googling around and I noticed that I need the newlist -o option
> to synchronize mailman and /etc/postfix/aliases.
> but my version of bin/newlist does not support this option.

It was removed in favor of modular MTA-specific methods, keeping in
mind that 2.1.4 has to be able to support creation and deletion thru
the web interface. I'm not familiar with the Debian package
arrangements, but as described in README.POSTFIX, you probably want to
set MTA = 'Postfix'. This will cause Mailman to maintain its own
separate aliases file, so then you'd want to tell postfix to read both.
See also the "genaliases" script if you get this set up and are missing
aliases for previously created lists.

	--Robby