[Mailman-Developers] list bug

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Thu Feb 12 16:42:34 EST 2004

I just hit this on one of my lists, when someone tried to subscribe:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5a3

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
     main()
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 96, in main
     process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata, language)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 176, in
process_form
     mlist.AddMember(userdesc, remote)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 856, in AddMember
     self.HoldSubscription(email, name, password, digest, lang)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 391, in
HoldSubscription
     assert not self.__db.has_key(id)
AssertionError

I updated to the latest cvs code, making sure this time to specify the
maint tag I'd been forgetting, and installed, but make update tells me
I'm trying to downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1.5a3, and that's probbaly not
safe.. Did I end up hosing my listdb in my earlier upgrades?