[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.1.4 migration

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Wed Feb 18 12:42:53 EST 2004

We have Mailman 2.1.4 currently running on a Linux Red Hat 8 box called
mm.isu.edu, the mta is "postfix", and our mailing list addresses are
listname at mm.isu.edu.

We would like to move or migrate our current mailman mailing lists over
to a existing linux red hat box that is called lx5.isu.edu, but we would
like to keep our mailing lists addresses the same, example,
listname at mm.isu.edu not as listname at lx5.isu.edu.  I know to do this we
would need to put a CNAME in DNS pointing lx5.isu.edu to mm.isu.edu,  we
would also need to created a virtual server to have the web server still
be mm.isu.edu .

My plan was to install a clean version of mailman 2.1.4 on lx5.isu.edu,
then move the mailing lists from mm.isu.edu over to lx5.isu.edu (the
directories that I would move over would be /home/mailman/lists and
/home/mailman/archives) and hopefully nobody would notice that there was
a change done.  Basically, I'm trying to duplicate what I have on
mm.isu.edu to lx5.isu.edu and then remove the old mm.isu.edu.
I'm I missing any steps or is this possible?

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.