[Mailman-Developers] How to change that unsubscriptions alsorequire confirmation

Somuchfun somuchfun at atlantismail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:28:29 EST 2004

Michael,
This feature is surprisingly not built in. If you go to the main list page
and just enter your email address and unsubscribe there will be no
confirmation - very unsafe!
So basically anyone can unsubscribe someone else.
This is a problem in terms of access control. Current legislation is very
specific about liability and disclosure of breaches in access control.
If we offer a system that has a problem with controlling access then we
might be liable.
I am surprised to see that unsubscriptions do not have the same options as
subscriptions in terms of verification of the sender!