[Mailman-Developers] mailman problem/possible bug?

Suchandra Thapa sthapa at site5.com
Mon Jan 12 14:18:09 EST 2004

I tried posting this in mailman-users but didn't get a reply.

After a recent upgrade to mailman 2.1.3, I came across a possible bug in
mailman.  The bug is triggered by a character being out of range at line
799 in Mailman/Cgi/admin.py.  The cvs commit for that line and the
comments indicate that the error should appear for non ascii
characters.   The code at that point is encoding the member list (?)
into the ascii character set.  First, are the comments correct? I.e. is
having an email address such as "André" <andre at foo.com> is correct or is
this a valid email address?  Also is there any way I can clean up the
database if that email address is invalid?

Finally, an install of mailman 2.1.2 was attempted to temporarily avoid
the problem but an error about a downgrade being dangerous was given.
Is a switch from mailman 2.1.3 to 2.1.2 safe?

--

Suchandra Thapa
System Administration