[Mailman-Developers] images embedded in html: inline vs. attached

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 22 19:03:43 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 19:19, ryan wrote:

> So... my only theory is: at some cut-off point, Mailman decides that there
> are two many users on a list to embed an image in every email.  Perhaps
> because you thought it more efficient to store the image once and then
> reference it as an attachment when each member is emailed?
>
> Or could this be some behavior of my mailer daemon, Sendmail?

I have a hard time imagining that it's Mailman.  If it is, it's a bug
I'm unaware of.  Mailman doesn't munge the message differently based on
the size of the recipient list.  In Mailman 2.1, you /can/ do content
filtering but it should work the same regardless of the number of people
receiving the message.