[Mailman-Developers] A bit of perspective ....

Kevin McCann kmccann at bellanet.org
Sat Jan 31 00:46:44 EST 2004

>> I'll continue to look forward for solutions.
>

> there are always solutions. Not all of them are already packaged up
> and waiting to be found, or easily created through talk.

I understand this, Chuq. For me, the most pressing thing is the SQL
activity. And as I have mentioned, we're ready to contribute resources
to this end. Either I will get involved, if I can get up to speed
technically, or we'll hire someone to get involved with Barry. I don't
want to just talk about this stuff. I want to see things happen. I don't
know precisely how much funding I can get for this, but I'll be doing
what I can. But some discussion *is* necessary. I have been harping
about SQL in Mailman for a year now but it is only recently that the
mere thought of it being worked into MM in one way or another has being
entertained. Talking isn't entirely useless. In fact it's  necessary in
order to influence change. Just so long as it doesn't stop at talk.

- Kevin