[Mailman-Developers] interface dreams

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:13:05 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:59:24 +0200, Fil <fil at rezo.net> wrote:

> However there's something that could be very useful, that would be "search
> fuzzy matches", for instance if <mr.bean at rezo.net> writes to me saying
> that he needs to be unsubscribed, I can't easily locate his subscription if
> it's under <bean at mail.rezo.net>. Any idea on how to do this?

The Find Member function on the Membership List admin page supports
regex, which is likely as fuzzy as you'll get without hacking your own
stuff on. If you searched on bean, or even more precisely
bean at .*rezo.net, you should get back either address.

There's also ~mailman/bin/find_members for site admins, which will do
similar matches across some or all lists on a machine. Useful for
dealing with users who can't read and insist on sending "TAKE ME OFF
YOUR LIST!11!11" messages to majordomo-owner on the 1st of each month.

Bryan