[Mailman-Developers] Re: New command-line tool...

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Sat Jul 17 02:55:03 CEST 2004

* On 2004.07.16, in <p060020c4bd1e240a26c4@[10.0.1.3]>,
*	"Brad Knowles" <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:

> 	A modified version of the "discard" tool has been created and
> uploaded to
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=992621&group_id=103&atid=300103>.
> I believe that this may be useful for other sites who run command-line-only
> mailing lists.

I don't have a new-enough mailman to judge this, and I don't see a link
for the full version of it at SF. But it sounds similar to my bulk-vette
script. If there's anything additional there, and anyone wants to make
it work with a current Mailman, have at it.

We use this mostly when a list admin has been negligent of pending posts
and he or a replacement admin wants the admindb cleared. Is that a
parallel function?

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mailman/bulk-vette.py

--
 -D.    dgc at uchicago.edu                                  NSIT::ENSS